Mon, Jun 19|
North Charleston Recreation Center
Penmanship Writing Summer Camp
There is a generation that cannot read cursive writing and do not have the ability to write legibly or eloquently. Help your child learn these skills while having fun with art, music and sports too!
Time & Location
Jun 19, 2023, 9:00 AM – Jun 23, 2023, 4:00 PM
North Charleston Recreation Center, 1919 Bolton St, North Charleston, SC 29406, USA
About the event
Handwriting is an important occupation in a child’s development. Studies show that many underlying components such as visual perception, visual motor, fine motor, and attention to task are improved with developing handwriting skills. Handwriting also improves a child’s brain development in the areas of organization, cognition, creativity, visual memory and the coordination of the left and right sides of the brain.
Go to complete our application form https://form.jotform.com/230747090682156 and we'll get back to you shortly.
1-week session to help your child refine writing skills in a small group setting
Camp Dates: 19 -23 June 2023 Monday to Friday at 09:00 AM - 4:00pm
- The handwriting camp is designed by Generations for America to teach your child letters and numbers, using a multi-sensory approach for better learning.
- The camp is designed for children ages 9-13 years (4th - 8th Grade) that have already been introduced to letters at school but are having a hard time maintaining or progressing.
- Each session will have a fine motor warm-up
- Parents will be provided a 10-minute demonstration to observe skills learned for home exercises.
- Children attending the handwriting camp must be able to follow directions and participate in a small group during the length of the session.
- The cost is $150 for the week course. This amount includes all take-home materials and homework assignments.
- Scholarships are available for half the cost ($75). Just ask your child to answer these two questions on the application form below and find out if he/she is chosen for a scholarship. 1. Why is good penmanship important to you? 2. If you could write a letter to anyone in the world living or deceased who would it be?
Please complete our application and we'll contact you.